Wednesday 31 December 2014

Bale aiming to stay, Torres happy to return

Dubai, Dec 31 (IANS) Spanish club Real Madrid's footballer, Gareth Bale has dismissed rumours linking him with a move back to the English Premier League.

The Welsh international was asked about a move to Manchester United, who are said to be willing to offer around $150 million to take him back to England, reports Xinhua.

"Go to Manchester United? I am very happy at Madrid, I love the climate and the city," he said Tuesday after Real Madrid's 2-4 loss to Italian team AC Milan in a friendly game here.

Far from thinking about returning to play in England, Bale said he was thinking about extending his current contract with his current team.

"My contract finishes in 2019 and I could sign a new deal," commented the Welsh international.

Bale is going to have a new neighbour in the Spanish capital with striker Fernando Torres on the verge of completing his move back to Atletico Madrid.

The former Liverpool and Chelsea striker was greeted by over 200 fans at Madrid's Adolfo Suarez-Barajas airport when he flew in late Tuesday.

"I am very happy and emotional to be able to return home. I am here and looking forward to starting," said Torres after landing.

"They have said everything for me. The affection they have always given me has been enormous and way beyond what I have been able to give to the club and they have been incredible even when I have had to play against Atletico," he said on the Atletico fans.

Torres said he is aiming to make his second Atletico debut Jan. 7 in the Kings Cup against Bale's Real Madrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment